FCF Co., Ltd. (FCF) was founded in November, 1972 in Kaohsiung, Taiwan by Mr. Chang, Kuo-An, the first Chairman and Mr. Chou, Chun-Shun, the President, among other initial investors including many well-known Taiwanese enterprises – Fong-Kuo Fishery, Kwang Yang Motor Co., Ltd. and SANYANG MOTOR CO., LTD.
FCF is dedicated its business spirit via extensive services to the fishing industry as the core, and engaged in trading of fishery products supplying to seafood processors and canneries around the world. Other services FCF offers are fishing provisions, such as baits and fuels, shipping agent, cold storage, transportation, fishing access and licenses, and other international businesses and consultations relevant to seafood industry.
The shipping services and trading business of fishery products in the overseas market are heavily controlled by the Japanese Enterprises. To establish the foundation and development of Taiwan fishing industry, FCF upholds the extensive services to the fishing vessels strategically:
- 1972 Established the Kaohsiung Head Office
- Established Penang Office in Malaysia
- Established Montevideo Office in Uruguay
- Established Cape Town Office in South Africa
- 1976 Initiated the Longline frozen fishery trading business
During this period, FCF introduced American and Japanese-style Purse Seine (PS) vessel into Taiwan, pioneering such technology and development which built the capacity that later reshaped the Taiwan distant water fishing industry with addition of PS fleet.
- 1981 Initiated the purse seine frozen fishery trading business
- 1982 Established Guam Office
- 1983 Initiated distant-water squid business in Southern Atlantic
- 1986 Established Bangkok Office, Thailand
- 1987 Establish Fiji Office
FCF enhanced its service platform by expanding the business model to include carrier transshipment and bunkering. Its service also extends to multiple foreign flagged vessels and the overall capacity of the company has been elevated by integrating trading business and reducing the role as shipping agent, and consequently contributing to higher profitability.
- 1991 Established FCS Trading PTY Ltd. in Singapore
- 1992 Established FCN International Ltd. in Japan
- 1995 In collaboration with Russian Large- scale purse seine fisheries and operated in Indian Ocean
- 1999 Started carrier operations
FCF started engaging in processing and trading for semi and finished products. The company established a platform that leverages throughout the supply chain by strategic planning and vertical integration.
- 2000 Established South Seas Tuna Corp. in Papua New Guinea
- 2002 Established Barana Corporation in Trinidad
- 2005 Started bunkering services in Pacific Ocean
- 2006 Joint venture of mid-water trawling fisheries of East- South Pacific
- 2007 New joint venture in US purse seine fisheries
- 2008 Invested in The Bumble Bee Seafood Company
As the leader in fisheries sustainability, FCF develops multiple programs and policies over the years in respond to environmental conservation and social responsibility of the global economy. FCF envisions itself to bring more values to the fisheries products and its supply chain, and prosper with the fisheries industry.
- 2012 Joint venture in Ghana- Cosmo Seafoods Company Ltd.
- Joint venture in Papua New Guinea- Nambawan Seafoods PNG ltd
- Started to Supply FOS Certified Tuna
- 2016 Initiated FCF Sustainability Program (FSP) with BV Recognition
- 2017 Commenced Social Responsibility Program
- 2018 Granted MSC Fishery and Group CoC Certificates of Purse Seine Fishery
- 2019 Ranked 11 out of 30 in WBA Seafood Stewardship Index
- 2020 Acquired The Bumble Bee Seafood Company and its brands
With the acquisition of The Bumble Bee Seafood Company (TBBSC), FCF has officially expanded its existing business into branding and consumer marketing via vertical integration, becoming one of the biggest seafood companies in the world. In recent years, the company has pivoted its focus to fisheries sustainability and social responsibility by actively engaging in the latest working progress globally to ensure its adaption of trending changes.
- 2021 Initiated Worker’s Voice Project and Responsible Recruitment Projects
- 2022 Two Tuna Longline Fishery MSC Assessments